Nutty Muesli (This is seriously yummy)
This scrumptious muesli recipe was passed down to me from my mother. Mother knows best…
- The following RAW nuts* and seeds, all roughly chopped:
- 200g Macadamia nuts
- 200g Pecan nuts
- 300g Walnuts
- 200g Almonds
- 100g Sunflower seeds
- 20g Poppy seeds
- 100ml Macadamia nut oil
- 100g Whole oats
- 2T Ground cinnamon
- 1T Ground ginger
1t nutmeg100g raw, chopped coconut
*You can substitute the list of nuts with a selection of your choice as long as together they weigh 1kg.
- Pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Prepare a roasting pan by pouring the macadamia oil into the pan.
- Coat the pan well and leave any residue oil in the roasting pan.
- Add all the raw, roughly chopped nuts and seeds to the roasting pan, together with the oats.
- Sprinkle the spices over the nut mixture.
Fold the spices,nuts and seeds into each other and roast in the oven for 20 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius, or until your nuts are golden. Nuts do burn quickly so keep an eye on them!
Sprinkle the raw coconut over the nuts while the mixture is still warm.
Allow to cool and the place the mixture into glass bottles or any other airtight container.
This makes a lovely gift in a glass container with a ribbon tied around the neck.